D I S C O R D

Please enter a username to chat in our Discord as a guest! To join the server officially, click here.
18+ tamora pierce based court intrigue rpg
Since the fall of the Thanic Empire 500 years ago, Tortall has been one of the reigning kingdoms to emerge from the once shattered Eastern Lands. With the Kingdom having experienced nearly a century of peace, it now approaches a new dawn with the crown upon the brow of an ambitious King that desires one thing - more. Does Tortall face a new era of expansion, conquering her neighbours, or will she be torn asunder from the inside out?

EASTERN LANDS is an 18+ mature historical fantasy site based on Tamora Pierce's Tortall works. Focused on court intrigue and consequence of action, we are not for the faint of heart. Prepare to win, or die.

Chapter I: Autumn
Year 335 of the human era
September - November
With Her Majesty pregnant with her second child and the court aflurry with the coming season, Corus is buzzing with activity. Autumn days are growing long, and winter edges over Tortall with a nip of chill in the air. Down in the city, the people of Corus prepare for the cold days ahead with ample festivals and harvests coming in.

NANOWRIMO: PHASE I
3,443 / 10,000 (34.43%)

Please Remember

We ask that you post plotters with your OOC Account - all members should utilize one thread for their characters. This is to encourage a "one stop shop" style for character connections and plotting.

DoHTML is NOT allowed. We ask that you use the template provided. Thanks!

New Thread

What Does My Reflection Show?
Moonwind
played by Moonwind | Offline
Staff

"OOC Account"
♛ Crowns
Played by Moonwind
Awards: 10

Jul 28 2017, 04:52 PM

Anthony of Tirragen

26 | Powerfully Gifted | Aiden Turner

user posted image

Friends

Other mages, knights that need patching up, that random person he sat next to during dinner. Anthony tends to be very social and capable of having a large number of friendly acquaintances, though the number of people he feels truly close to would be much smaller.

Enemies

Other then personalities clashing there is also the chance that some of his ex-lovers might have left on bad terms after they wanted promises or commitments he wasn't willing to make.

Consorts

Anthony has been so focused on his career that he hasn't been in anything more then casual relationships since returning to Corus. He doesn't believe that asking some poor man to give him his heart when Annie's first priority is his duties as a healer would be fair.

Beatrix of Queenscove

68 | Powerfully Gifted | Judi Dench

user posted image

Allies

People don't come to the Duchess of Queenscove for a warm and loving shoulder to cry on, they do it because she's a formidable ally and has been an important figure at court for decades. That said she socializes with many people though the majority of those she seeks out on her own are probably viewed favorably by court, worthy allies, or people who she sees some potential in.

Adversaries

Most would probably think it unwise to publicly make an enemy of Duchess Beatrix but that doesn't mean that that their aren't individuals who dislike her or who she judges for the choices they've made. Those who have proven to have bad reputations especially will find themselves with out invitations to events she hosts at the very least. Those who in some way target her children or grandchildren could also find themselves subject to her ire.

Consorts

Not only has she been married for longer then many have been alive it is known that she is absolutely loyal to her husband.

Emry haMinch

30 | ungifted | Charlie Hunnam

user posted image

Friends

He's always gotten along best with other knights but is now trying to put efforts into making new connections since he believes that it is part of his duty to his fief and family.

Enemies

He isn't good at pretending to like people and the artifice that is often a part of court life annoys him.

Consorts

Until the end of last year he had never really considered the idea of marrying and mostly just had casual lovers. After his sudden rise to the position of Duke he realized that he would need to get married and provide an heir. He's currently smitten with Gabriella of Bay Cove and is really hoping that she doesn't reject him.

Gareth of Conté

18 | Ungifted | Torrance Coombs

user posted image

Friends

He makes a point of knowing people from all the important families in court just to be polite but right now most of the people he knows well enough to consider true friends are squires or young knights.

Enemies

Because of his position he tries not to openly dislike people, for the most part his version of dislike includes only talking to someone enough to courteous and then exiting. So unless someone has entered into dueling over honor territory chances are he won't do anything too dramatic.

Once someone has betrayed his trust he finds it very difficult to forgive and the closer he was to them the harder it is, he'll be polite to them but he'll avoid putting himself in a positions where he'd have to trust them. Beyond that he also wouldn't be on the best terms with enemies of the country anyone who says shit about his family or friends.

Consorts

It is a well known fact that the youngest prince does not enter into flirtations or take lovers among the ladies at court. He is very aware that any future marriage will be for the good of Tortall and so wishes to avoid getting his heart or anyone else's broken.

Tristan of Rosemark

21 | Weakly Gifted | Douglas Booth

user posted image

Friends

He's friendly and outgoing and would consider most of the people that he knows to be his friends on some level. Some might be closer than others but as long as there even a little likable or have redeeming characteristics Tristan will spend time with them.

Enemies

He's very forgiving so it normally takes a lot for someone to end up here, or they just have to make a disparaging remark about one of his family members in front of him but even then he's horrible at holding grudges and so doesn't even try.

Consorts

He’s something of a romantic and is pretty much caught in a cycle of being “in love”. It is mostly made up of a period of sighing, pining, and badly (and occasionally not so badly) written poetry. Thankfully the only people who ever see that poetry are usually his friends because it is never actually meant for the eyes of his current beloved. Eventually this leads to a stage of being hopelessly heartbroken when the girl, who probably never actually knew he liked her, ends up showing interest in someone else or betrothed, or some other calamity. After that brief mourning period where he tells himself he will never find a love like that again he eventually finds someone new to sigh and pine over. He does have every intention of settling down but it’s never been the right time, or maybe it’s never been the right girl.

Vivienne of Macayhill

18 | Wild Magic with Horses | Gabriella Wilde

user posted image

Friends

Her closest friends can normally be found among the Queen's household simply because she spends much of her time with them, girls who went to the same convent as her, or anyone who really loves horses. Even when not with her close friends she tends to be sociable and polite.

Enemies

She tries really hard to avoid making enemies and as far as she's concerned doesn't really see anyone like that but that doesn't mean that there aren't individuals who she can't manage to get along with or jealousies caused by positions at court or other issues.

Consorts

She's a maiden and so hasn't gone beyond casual flirting. She knows how important it is that she end up betrothed soon and hopes to find the kind of advantageous marriage that would make her family happy, though it would be nice it also happened to be someone she could get along with.
Jonathan of Conté
played by Icefall | Offline
Conté
Royalty

"Your Majesty"
♛ Crowns
Played by Icefall
Awards: 1

Jul 31 2017, 09:51 PM

Jonathan & Gareth

Brothers! With the significant age difference between these two, Jon no doubt treats Gareth more as a son than he does a brother, though at times he likes to remember they are siblings. Jon loves Gary and hopes for the best for him, though he gets a bit frustrated that Gary appears to hold himself back out of uncertainty. He hopes to encourage Gary to grow into the man he could be.

Jonathan & Julian

Close friends, and have been since they were kids. Jon trusts Julian quite a significant amount, and enjoys having him in the household - as Groom of the Robes, Jon knows he owes every compliment of his appearance to this man, and his vanity thanks him for it. Quietly. He probably also spoils Julian's kids when he can get away with it.

Jonathan & Tristan

SQUIRE. Once a King's squire, always a King's squire. Jon loves Tristan and probably treats him as a brother as is - after all, they are brothers-in-law. He enjoys ruffling Tristan's hair when he walks past, just to mess with him. For sure one of Jon's favourites.
Gabriella of Bay Cove
played by Icefall | Offline
Bay Cove
Book of Silver

"Lady"
♛ Crowns
Played by Icefall

Jul 31 2017, 09:54 PM

Gabriella & Emry

There is a budding romance here, and it's happened in a very subtle fashion I believe. They started out as friends, but since Emry's departure to Barzun, Gabs has realized she rather misses his presence. While she's a big concerned at their age gap, she has a terrible role model there in the Queen. Regardless, Gabs is excited to see where her life goes when it comes to Emry.

Gabriella & Vivienne

With both of them being Ladies to Cecily, these two live in very close quarters. Viv is one of the more sensible and forthright girls, which means Gabs likes having her about. They should most definitely be friends, though how close is something that could develop naturally through their threads.
Renya
played by Renya | Offline
Inactive Character

"OOC Account"
♛ Crowns
Played by Renya
Awards: 3

Aug 8 2017, 06:59 AM

Lianne & Vivienne

It is entirely possible for the two of them to end up with a vague sense of dislike or a pair of nattering companions who are in one another's pockets. I would be completely open to the idea of some past threads as they were at the Covent at the same time - if Vivienne went to the City of Gods - in any case, the two of them could chat about their mutual experiences. Lianne is keen to make an impression, a positive one to boot and she'd be very curious to meet someone else who has lots of siblings (sisters) and chat about the life as one of the youngest members of said family.
Violet
played by Violet | Offline

"OOC Account"
♛ Crowns
Played by Violet

Aug 16 2017, 11:20 AM

Kestrel & Emry

Hahahaha, fair enough! Kes stands by her actions but she's definitely adopted a "talk less, smile more" approach to her protests since the Carnation Affair. So she wouldn't hold a grudge against Emry, and actually likes him a lot probably because they're so different? He's the blunt introvert to her subtle extrovert, so I imagine their dynamic is fascinating when they're at court. In the field, though, I can see them definitely being more casual and open with each other, and they've certainly had each other's backs in a skirmish or two. That they've both traveled outside of Tortall is another bond, as is the fact they both accompanied Deirdry of Goldenlake to Barzun, so they've definitely had the opportunity to develop their friendship. Also also I'm gonna hit Nicole up about Penny but for sure Kestrel is fond of her, you have an A+ squire, Emry, good job.
Alex
played by Alex | Offline

"OOC Account"
♛ Crowns
Played by Alex
Awards: 3

Aug 18 2017, 10:59 PM

AMÉLIE & GARETH

Yes, they definitely would know each other, though I doubt they’d be too close, considering they simply haven’t had much time together. She’d no doubt be polite with him, as it would be plainly rude to not be to her brother-in-law, though she likely wouldn’t feel as close with him as the other princes.

AMÉLIE & ADELIA

Ooh, yes, I like this! As one of her former ladies, she’s no doubt still plenty close, and it’s definitely nice for her to know she has someone to rely on, just to talk to in case she ever needs it.
Jewelclaw
played by | Offline
Staff

"OOC Account"
♛ Crowns
Played by

Sep 16 2017, 01:28 AM
Baird and Faleron - Baird would like a fun thread with Faleron before Jon gets back and reinforces the rules.

Adelia and Cassandra - They're both Ladies of the Bedchamber, though for different Royals. Both widows with children, both driven. I think they have a lot in common.

Beatrix and Cassandra - Beatrix is everything Cassandra wants to be. Important, respected, powerful. I definitely see Cassandra trying to get in good with Beatrix at court.

Tristan and Penelope - Tristan needs to send Penelope some awful love poetry to completely mortify her. This must happen.

Evie
played by Evie | Offline
Inactive Member

"OOC Account"
♛ Crowns
Played by Evie

Sep 21 2017, 05:04 PM

Adelia & Tamzin

So, I like the idea of them being friendly, though there is this undercurrent between them. I feel like Adelia would hold Tamzin to high expectations as her younger brother's wife and would make sure that Tamzin is upholding her familial duties, etc. I'm open to plotting between these two so let me know if you have any ideas!!!

Beatrix & Tamzin

Tamzin would definitely respect and admire the duchess. I'm not entirely sure how Beatrix would feel about Tamzin though? Tam has a pretty good reputation around court, so perhaps there could be some sort of something with these two? Idk, let me know what you think.

Vivienne & Tamzin

Little sister! Gah, Tamzin would of course be so proud of her little Viv becoming a Maid of Honor to the queen! She's kind of a mother hen and loves to meddle in her sisters' lives. She pokes and prods and pesters and even attempts to push potential suitors her sisters' way. I'd imagine they all find it a bit ridiculous as they're more than capable of finding matches for themselves. But, like I said, Tam is a meddler and tries to "help" her sisters as best she can.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
New Thread

Hearsay & Gossip
Affiliates & Listings
RPG-D RoyalsandRebels Sufficient Unto the Day
HG Once Upon a Nightmare Frisson RPG
Open Affiliation Open Affiliation Open Affiliation Open Affiliation Open Affiliation Open Affiliation